about the awards
The North West Coast Research and Innovation Awards 2018 are a collaboration between The Innovation Agency (AHSN for the North West Coast), the NIHR Clinical Research Network North West Coast; and NIHR Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care North West Coast (CLAHRC NWC).
The awards will celebrate success and reward achievements for the excellent work being undertaken across the region in relation to clinical research and innovation within healthcare. At the event’s core is the desire to demonstrate how clinical research and innovation efforts have had an impact on patient care across the North West Coast and to showcase ideas.
· Those eligible for the Awards may self-nominate or be nominated by someone else who is familiar with their work.
· Nomination forms must be completed and returned through the online application form (used for ALL awards) by no later than the deadline of
midnight on Friday 1st December, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
· All shortlisted finalist entries will be allocated 3 complimentary ticket invitations to attend the Award Ceremony. Additional tickets may be requested subject to availability, following the announcement of the finalist shortlist in January 2018.
· Please note that candidates unsuccessful this year may be nominated (or self-nominate) for the Awards in subsequent years. Previous
unsuccessful award applicants are asked not to reapply, unless substantial progress or changes have been made to a project.
· All nominees may be asked to contribute to Award Organisers (Partners) websites and other materials in respect of their activities nominated for
· All Awards will recognise a strong commitment to innovation with research.
· We expect to recognise NHS, Local Authority, Academic, Partner/3rd Party/3rd Sector staff representative at all levels of seniority.
· The judging process will look at both the reach and significance of innovation, collaboration, engagement and evaluation in innovation /
Judging of categories will take place in the host organisations against the set crtieria as detailed on the How to Enter Page with final sign off by
the three Directors of the host organisations (CLAHRC NWC, Innovation Agency and Clinical Research Network North West Coast).
In addition to this the judges will be looking for:
· The benefits of the submission to an organisation, researcher/team, stakeholders or target audience which should be clear and evidence-based whenever possible.
· Applications that demonstrate meaningful engagement with stakeholders throughout the research cycle.
· Demonstration of a reflective approach by the researcher or team.
· Real ideas based on an unconventional approach across both health and community economies
· Thinking differently. fresh ideas and research or innovation which brings a truly unique perspective.