about the awards
- Those eligible for the awards may self-nominate or be nominated by someone else who is familiar with their work.
- Nomination forms must be completed and returned through the online application form (used for ALL awards) by no later than the deadline of midnight on Friday 6 December 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
- All shortlisted finalist entries will be allocated three complimentary ticket invitations to attend the Award Ceremony. Additional tickets may be requested subject to availability, following the announcement of the finalist shortlist in January 2020.
- Please note that candidates unsuccessful this year may be nominated (or self-nominate) for the awards in subsequent years. Previous unsuccessful award applicants are asked not to reapply unless substantial progress or changes have been made to a project.
- All nominees may be asked to contribute to award organisers' or partners' websites and other materials in respect of their activities nominated for an Award.
All Awards will recognise a strong commitment to innovation with research.
- We expect to recognise NHS, local authority, academic, partner, third party or third sector staff representative at all levels of seniority.
- The judging process will look at both the reach and significance of innovation, collaboration, engagement and evaluation in innovation/research activities.
- Judging of categories will take place in the host organisations against the set criteria as detailed on the How to Enter Page with final sign off by the three Directors of the host organisations (ARC NWC, Innovation Agency and CRN NWC).
In addition to this the judges will be looking for:
- The benefits of the submission to an organisation, researcher/team, stakeholders or target audience which should be clear and evidence-based whenever possible.
- Applications that demonstrate meaningful engagement with stakeholders throughout the research cycle.
- Demonstration of a reflective approach by the researcher or team.
- Real ideas based on an unconventional approach across both health and community economies
- Thinking differently - fresh ideas and research or innovation which brings a truly unique perspective.